Friday 6 November 2015

Blood Drive Was A Success!
By: Zach, Alyssa, Sam, Jarrett

Yesterday, Thursday November 5th, was our local blood drive. Over the last few weeks we have used posters, announcements, invites and word of mouth to educate the school on blood donation. We received many pledges and were happy to see that twenty-five NPSS students and a couple teachers came to donate. These donations mean that up to seventy-five lives could be saved just by NPSS students.

Sam shared her donating experience with us in this quote: “Arriving at the blood drive was amazing, there were so many NPSS Donors, and supporters. The pre-donation formalities were boring but help calm people's’ nerves. Once I sat in the chair, I knew I was excited yet nervous, the vein they used for me, was off to the side, on top of a muscle. I certainly felt the needle, and the loss of blood, but afterwards I felt amazing. I knew that my little donation will help a few people, and maybe even save lives. I am donating again on February 4th.”

No comments:

Post a Comment